After cooking stock for the first time, I will never use store bought stock again It was amazing… even though it took 4 hours to cook. Check out my recipe for Shrimp & Andouille Sausage – you’ll love it!Never buy stock again - try this Shrimp Stock #Recipe and you will never go back to store bought… Click To Tweet
Homemade Shrimp Stock
- 1 lb. shrimp (about 20 medium shrimp)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium celery stalk, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup Sauvignon Blanc wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups of water
- 1. Peel shrimp. Reserve shells for broth and wrap shrimp to save for another recipe. (Like Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Gumbo on Cooking and Kisses)
- 2. Set the Multicooker to Brown/Saute at 400 F and add the oil. Once preheated, add the shrimp shells and stir until they turn bright pink, it'll take about 3 minutes. Stir in the celery, onions and garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are fragrant. Add the white wine and stir until it is completely reduced. Stir in the bay leaves and water and let it come to a boil.
- 3. Cover and switch to Slow Cook on Low for 4 hours.
- 4. Once the unit switches to Keep Warm, strain stock, discarding the solids. Use immediately or cool to store in refrigerator or freezer. (The stock will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator and 2 months in the freezer).